Friday, October 30, 2009

Motivating Your Members Is As Easy As. . .

. . .1, 2, 3!

It's so hard to believe just one short week ago, Denise and I were having the time of our lives at the Leadership Training Conference, teaching homeschool group leaders just like yourself how to avoid being a statistic--that 80/20 statistic that says you are in the minority 20% that does all the work while the other 80% looks on.

As experts in teaching homeschool group leaders how to lead their groups successfully, we are asked a lot of questions. By far, the most common question is, "How do we motivate our members?"

Well, Denise and I say it is as easy as 1, 2, 3 to motivate your members if you know the secrets. From the comfort of your own home, you can discover these little known secrets that have been hiding in plain sight!

In just 3 days, on Sunday, November 1 at 4 pm CST, you can get your hands on the e-guide that may very well change the way you lead. This 80-page e-guide will reveal tons of tips and simple strategies to help you motivate every member and increase your volunteers and to find more time in your day to enjoy the things you love most.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

But don't take our word for it. . . Listen to what our friend, Texas Home School Coalition Leader Liasion Sheila Campbell, has to say about One by One: The Homeschool Group Leader's Guide to Motivating Your Members:

"I really cannot say enough about this book! Denise and Kristen have really captured the heart of leadership with One by One. All groups are made up of people--not mere members--and it is the process of connecting with those people that builds strong leadership and, more importantly, strong relationships."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

To celebrate the launch of our very first e-book, we are running a CONTEST through Saturday. One lucky winner will receive a copy of One by One as our special thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. Here's how the CONTEST works:

In 100 words or less, post a comment to our blog by midnight Saturday night telling us what this guide would mean to you as a homeschool group leader. Be sure to tell us what homeschool group you serve. Feel free to include a link to your group's website. Denise and I will be the final judges and we will announce the winner Sunday morning.

Happy posting and good luck!

Warmly,
Kristen & Denise
www.homeschoolgroupleader.com

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Every group leader needs encouragement and guidance to lead their group. As group leader of Gulf Coast Christian Home Scholars I am always looking for some way to make my leadership better. I have found that through your blog and emails. The helpful comments in your posts have given me insight to a problem or a word of encouragement when I needed it the most. I know having your e-book would prove to be an extremely helpful tool as well.

Thank you for the work you do to help and encourage us all.

NCLighthousekeeper said...

Motivating members and avoiding leader burnout is probably the number one challenge of homeschool group leadership. Thankfully, we now have ways to connect with other support group leaders from around the country and to learn from them. Thank you, Kristen and Denise, for what you do to help facilitate those connections and provide wise counsel. I helped found Lighthouse Christian Homeschool Association in 1996, and have served in various leadership positions in the group. I am currently serving as President for the 3rd time. We have grown from 17 families that first year, to 250 families a couple of years ago, and now we are hovering right around 200. I look forward to reading your e-book.
<><
Beth
Lighthouse Christian Homeschool Association,Inc Wake Forest, NC
www.lighthousehsa.com

Judy said...

Being a leader of Cabarrus County Home School Association for many years has been a rewarding but challenging adventure. Today's home school community has changed from over 20 years ago when we first started home schooling. I feel it would be interesting to read how to motivate our changing membership of over 200 families. Thank you for the opportunity to help us as leaders to continue to improve our groups.

Judy Joiner
CCHSA President
www.cchsa.com